Keyloggers or spying software which is used to track the user’s activity on the computer has become much more popular nowadays. There are numerous programs of this kind designed for different operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Android, and Mac OS is not an exception.
Even though there are different kinds of keyloggers, which don’t necessarily have to be software, the ones suitable for Mac OS mostly are only programs as it’s not easy to design a piece of hardware which will do the trick and the number of Mac users is much lower than those who use common Windows OS, which makes it too pricey.
Aobo Mac OS X Keylogger
One of the most popular programs of this kind designed for Mac is the Aobo Mac OS X Keylogger. This is a program with functions of a keylogger that can also be used as parental control software.
Aobo might be not the most pleasant-looking app, however, its interface is really simple and minimalistic, which makes it easy to use and does not require any special knowledge.
- Hard to detect;
- Has the most popular features;
- Supports different operating systems.
- Does not monitor file activity;
- Supports only the English language;
- Poorly customizable.
REFOG Keylogger for Mac
REFOG can be described as a keylogger designed for parental control and monitoring of the employees. It is a very powerful tool with numerous functions.
It is definitely true that every developer claims that his software is the best, however, in this particular case we can surely say that it’s true. For now, REFOG Keylogger for Mac OS is one of the best among the variety of spying apps designed for Mac OS. Here go some of REFOG main functions:
- Remote monitoring — there is no need for physical access, all you have to do is simply log in to your account and monitor everything on any kind of device that has a stable connection to the internet;
- Live viewing — access to the video stream of the targeted Mac in real-time;
- Live webcam — access to the web camera of the targeted Mac to use it as a baby monitor;
- View screenshots — screenshots from the targeted Mac can be accessed while it’s online;
- Standard keylogger feature;
- Screenshots capture — the program discretely takes screenshots of the desktop view of the targeted Mac;
- Websites monitoring — ability to check which websites were visited;
- Monitor applications — ability to check opened and closed applications;
- Send logs via email — action logs are sent to your email if requested;
- Clipboard monitoring — everything that was copied to the clipboard of the targeted Mac can be monitored;
- All passwords entered in browsers are recorded.
As mentioned above, REFOG keylogger is the best one can find to use with his/her Mac due to the number of features offered and their undeniable usability.
Although, it’s necessary to mention that such convenience comes at a rather high price, which might be a problem if the only thing you want to do is to try it out.